Local Eats Group is a franchise product offered at a cost of £6000 to potential entrepreneurs looking to monetise the food ordering industry. Many franchisees have little experience within the industry and see it as a quick get rich scheme.
Fees and Setup
LocalEats cost you, the merchant, £150 to set up which comes with a hired device that you do not own. In addition to the set up fees their are other costs that you will find such as their commission of 7.5% which is a lot lower than other platforms but is still a commission charge. In addition to this merchants are encouraged to invest in their marketing and as such expectations of merchants to advertise the product (invest £1 for every 2-3 orders into social marketing) and badly managed marketing plans leads to a slower uptake in customers moving to the platform. Takeaway Revolution, does not charge commission and the only fees that you will get are the setup fee of £150 (or £299 if hardware required), and the low monthly cost of £75 which works out at just over £11 per week. In return, Takeaway Revolution invests 80% of your monthly fees back into advertising the platform and therefore gaining you new customers with no expectations on you advertising the product itself.
Local Eats has many restrictions, one of which is the area that it is built in, meaning if your customer base is across multiple towns, then you would be required to join up on multiple apps. This means that the additional fees, ordering machines and menus becomes very hard and unfeasible to manage. The additional restrictions within the platform is that each app is unique and as such does not communicate with any of the other Local Eats apps, this means that you would need your menu entered onto multiple platforms, different customers on different apps and very time consuming to manage. You customers also share the same frustrations on these apps as if they move town, or are in a different area would be required to download a different app related to the town and to register again.
In terms of the main platform both Takeaway Revolution and Local Eats offer the ability to edit the menu live, however Takeaway Revolution offers a host of features not found on other platforms such as;
- The ability to receive orders in your native language, meaning no more need for translators as receipts are also printed in your language. Takeaway Revolution is the first and only provider that offers this unique functionality.
- Full control of your listing, set headers with offers, load your logo, set your menu style and more
- Complete menu control;
- Set menus for certain days
- Have different offerings throughout the day. The ability to have a breakfast menu in the morning, lunch menu in the afternoon and dinner for the evening.
- Change prices/add new food lines plus loads more.
- No more quiet times;
- Drive new customers during your quiet times with offers and discounts that go live instantly
- Send push notifications to your customers for free (similar to SMS but though the app) to notify them of your latest offers.
- Cutting edge technology allowing you to reduce your quiet times and maximise your sales.
- Reduce food waste, by promoting that tray of chicken that expires by the end of the week, and sending a free push notification.
- Offer vouchers, one-off discounts and more
- Use our drivers app for free, meaning that your drivers can download our apps and can receive orders seamlessly straight to their mobile.
Support is available as and when you need it, through your Area Manager, and direct with us 24/7/365. We also listen to our customers, so in the unlikely event that you feel our apps could do something that makes your life easier then get in touch.
Takeaway Revolution comes out as the best choice if you are a takeaway that operate across multiple towns. Unlike Local Eats, we live and breath the industry and as such understand the potential issues that you may come across. We have not bought into an app as the ability to get rich, but are a company that wants to change the industry for good and to provide takeaways a platform that is not only affordable but gives you more features then any other.
Takeaway Revolution’s platforms gives customers full control over their listing and has more functionality than LocalEats. Features such as our ability to translate orders, as well as the ability to seamlessly send orders to your drivers at a click of a button.
In terms of price, Takeaway Revolution saves your hundreds of pound in fees as we don’t charge commission, or tell you to invest in marketing, as this is all included in the price, along with saving you on average over £600 per month.